PAYDAY 2: Update 240.3 Changelog
Today’s update deals with a number of bugs and quality of life updates. Among the more noticeable is a change in how the game handles any damage over time effects.
The thing we really wanted to bring up in this message however, is that we’ve also bundled a lot of our licensed content in the game into one DLC. We did this in order to ensure you’ll always keep access to the content regardless of any future changes.
We’ll make sure to announce ahead of time when/if anything changes, we didn’t want you to worry when you spotted the DLC.
This also means we’ve moved around a few of the requirements of some achievements, again, this won’t affect those who already have them.
- All types of Bulldozers now count for the OVERGRILL achievement.
- Fixed an issue that caused pager outlines to not blink.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the tap to interact cancel prompt to revert to default prompt, for host player.
- Fixed an issue where a equipped mask that was tagged with a locked DLC remained equipped but locked in inventory.
- The Biker Heist – Fixed an issue that would display an incorrect string when another player picks up the blowtorch from the mechanic.
- Bulucs Mansion – Fixed an visual issue with a clue book disappearing from view.
- White House – Fixed a possible crash for clients after starting the hack in PEOC.
- Optimized portals on Breakfast in Tijuana heist.
- Optimized portals on Dragon heist.
Portals is a tool to create volumes within the level to decide what objects should be visible from within it; these volumes are local to the player and may have the results of improving performances with FPS.
- Updated network syncing of player position and camera rotation to be more efficient.
Reworked and optimized damage over time mechanics and how their effects are handled:
- All damage over time applications are now synced.
- If multiple players apply dot on an enemy, the last attacker is the one that deals damage and gets credited for the kill, but achievements that require a certain amount of enemies to be doted, can trigger for multiple people as long as they applied the dot.
- The grace period on dot application only applies once for a variant of dot, and never applies again unless it expires, meaning that continuing to attack will only benefit the player. Previously, fire encouraged applying dot and to not refresh it.
- Fire dot effects will no longer get removed for all affected enemies whenever any fire dot expires.
- Burning sounds from fire dot will now follow the enemy they’re applied to instead of being static on the spot.
- The Moneythrower will now properly apply fire damage over time with the unique money effects.
- Both burning sounds and fire effects will get removed if the enemy is despawned, instead of continuing to play and float around, respectively.
- Enemies that die while doing animations, like climbing and similar, will no longer snap into place when dying to fire damage, and will instead ragdoll like with any other damage sources.
- Projectiles that detonate are now hidden properly for both clients and host when needed (after detonation).
- They also no longer use a timer that requires the projectile to update, saving some performance.
- Fixed some issues of some dots, from incendiary explosions, not applying properly.
- Tweaked the duration of some fire death effects and burning sounds to not end too abruptly.
- Cloakers hiding behind doors should no longer get stuck behind them when attempting to leave.
- Added a weapon firing input buffer to alleviate issues with single shot weapons not firing as expected, when trying to rapid-fire them.
- Fixed an issue where getting tased, while using a weapon in “volley” fire mode, would cause some animation issues. It should now only affect the weapon, not the player arms.
- Added a potential fix for enemies popping in for a frame during spawn animations.
- Fixed it so animation freezing works properly. Some animations will now properly freeze at certain points when not in the highest level of animation detail to save performance. If any sort of animation needs to be played, animations are unfrozen again until it’s possible to freeze again.
- Fixed root blending on NPCs always being disabled. This should make most animations overall look smoother.
- Recoil animations can now play while moving.
- Recoil animations no longer break crouching and standing, where it was causing units to not crouch or stand when wanting to, which could lead to desync.
- Reload and recoil animations now transition between standing and crouching properly.
- Bulldozer recoil animations should now be much smoother.
- Recoil animations on the Minigun Dozer are also more “punchy”.
- Bulldozers and Shields can now flinch against damage (purely cosmetic).
- Fixed an issue causing Shields to play the wrong hurt animations when staggered by skills, resulting in them clipping with their own shield.
- Fixed some issues causing dodge animations to blend too aggressively and end too early, resulting in the unit not moving much.
- Fixed enemies playing panic animations sometimes not exiting them properly and remain crouching in place doing nothing.
- Fixed some issues with bullpup animations snapping.
We have updated the requirements for the completion of certain Achievements. Read up more on it from here. The affected Achievements and their updated requirements are listed below:
- Say Hello to My Big Friend – On the Scarface Mansion job, kill the boss on the OVERKILL difficulty and above.
- Nothing Personal – Kill 30 snipers with any Sniper Rifle on the OVERKILL difficulty or above.
- Crouched and Hidden, Flying Dagger – Kill 8 guards with a Throwing Weapon while crouching on the Murky Station job. The heist must be completed for any kills to count.
- UMP for Me, UMP for You – Kill 45 Russian specials on the Boiling Point job with any Submachine Gun on the OVERKILL difficulty or above.
- For Daisy – Complete the Firestarter job on the OVERKILL difficulty or above with your crew using only Pistols.
Certain Heist Tracks will be hidden and unavailable for new players after a specific date, read up more on it from here. Existing owners of these Heist Tracks will still be able to view and select these tracks.
The list of Heist Tracks affected are listed below:
- White Collar Crime
- Bullet Rain
- Locke And Load
- Drop Zone
- Still Breathing
- Do You Wanna
- Take Me Down
- I Need Your Love
- Break The Rules
Additionally, 2 Heist Tracks will only be available to accounts that were created, and purchased the game, before 31st March 2024.
- Mr Purple
- Troubles Always Inbound
Please be aware that all the Heist Tracks mentioned above will still be available through the official soundtrack.
- Languages, Brazil/Portugese
- Improved and fixed the Lobby Filtering mechanism.
- Upgraded CPU Detection routines in order to perform better load distribution among processor cores in the newest families of micro-processors.
- Updated used SDK to latest version – Increased security that prevents session hijacking.
Updates may be incompatible with the mods you may have installed. Even seemingly unrelated mods may cause unexpected issues. If you are experiencing any problems with the game; try removing any mods you may have installed and try again.
If you are having issues with an unmodded game you can try to verify the integrity of the game files. In the Steam library; right-click on PAYDAY 2. Select “Properties” from the menu. Under the tab “LOCAL FILES” select “VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…”.
The process may take some time to finish.
Keep those helmets flying!