PAYDAY 2: Update 240.5 Changelog
- Fixed a crash with environment fire.
- Fixed an issue where broken drills made no sound.
- Fixed an issue of where killing a cloaker with the smoke modifier outside of playable space made the game crash in crime spree.
- Possibly fixed an issue of where older CPUs crashed upon launch.
- Added a new launch option to PAYDAY 2 when starting the game, modern CPUs (2021+) should select the new option for better performance while older CPUs should select the standard option.
Updates may be incompatible with the mods you may have installed. Even seemingly unrelated mods may cause unexpected issues. If you are experiencing any problems with the game; try removing any mods you may have installed and try again.
If you are having issues with an unmodded game you can try to verify the integrity of the game files. In the Steam library; right-click on PAYDAY 2. Select “Properties” from the menu. Under the tab “LOCAL FILES” select “VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…”.
The process may take some time to finish.
Keep those helmets flying!