PAYDAY 2 – 7 year Anniversary!
Today is a very special day, as we celebrate the 7th anniversary of PAYDAY 2. Since its release, the game and its player base has grown spectacularly. Even now, seven years down the line, we are seeing incredible numbers in terms of how many of you are playing the game each day.
We are immensely grateful to you, the players. Whether you’re a PAYDAY 2 veteran who’s been with us all the time, or a relatively new player that’s only just discovered us this year, we extend to you a heartfelt THANK YOU.
Our player community is one of the strongest in the world for any game, and the engagement and support we feel from all of you is a great motivator for us going forward.
At the studio, we’re always working hard to produce new content, and along with the latest DLCs we’ve also worked on a gift for you, the 7th Anniversary Update, released today!
For more details about the content of the update, see here. Full patch notes can be found below.
We’ve also produced a new piece of art to celebrate the occasion. You can find it on our campaign site linked above.
All of us here at OVERKILL are feeling very good about heading into the PAYDAY future along with you, our community. We hope you feel the same!
Keep those helmets flying,
Update size: 159.7Mb
- New Suit: The Prime
- New Gloves: Lucky
- New Weapon Color: Pleiades
- New Song: Cakewish
- Updated Crimespree & Holdout game modes with additional rewards
- Updated the mask customization UI for a smoother, more streamlined mask experience
- Achievements that require four players using certain equipment can now be completed solo with bots
- Fixed an issue in mask customization where the currently highlighted slot number appears next to the name of the mask in the “Finalize Mask” message
- Fixed an issue where assets would disappear if a client switched profile in the loadout
- Fixed an issue in VR where two handed weapons from the Fugitive Weapon Pack had missing front grip points
- Fixed clipping issues when Chains equipped the Fedora or the Fancy Top Hat mask
- Fixed graphical issues with the Murkywater Uniform in various poses and animations
- Fixed graphical issue with The Classic and The Sunny Rico outfits
- Fixed a graphical issue with The Minstrel outfit on Sangres and Rust
- Fixed an issue where Joys sleeves would be rolled up when equipping any armor
- Fixed an issue where Clovers forearm clips out of the default outfit when equipping the Brenner LMG
- Fixed an issue where Sangres’ arms are flipped when wearing the Legacy Tactical outfit
- Fixed clipping issues with the default gloves, when wearing the Legacy Tactical outfit, on several characters
- The Big Bank – Fixed an issue with the hacking device on the left balcony that would pop in and out of view depending on your distance to it
- Breakfast in Tijuana – Fixed an issue with shadows on the paintings in the cafeteria
- Breakfast in Tijuana – Adjusted the pathing for the prisoner when he walks to the garage
- Breakfast in Tijuana – Fixed an issue where the player could open a door early on and skip several objectives
- Breakfast in Tijuana – Added a reminder in the HUD to the placement of the hacking devices
- Breakfast in Tijuana – Fixed an issue where the windows to the offices on the second floor could break if the players shot the door to open it
- Breakfast in Tijuana – Fixed the number plates of the cars in the level
- Breakfast in Tijuana – Made the grenades dead drop placement at the Front of Building more hidden
- Breakfast in Tijuana – Fixed an issue with the sprinkler system shadows
- Breakfast in Tijuana – Fixed minor graphical issues on a bookshelf in one of the upstairs rooms
- Breakfast in Tijuana – Fixed an issue with the paper shredder collision
- Breakfast in Tijuana – Fixed an issue with the shadows on the outside of the compound
- Breakfast in Tijuana – Added VO that was missing between the discovery of the armory and the coding of the RFID tag when the player used a drill on the evidence room door
- Election Day 1 – Fixed an issue where a player would not be able to answer a guard pager
- Four Stores – Fixed an issue in Four Stores where cameras continued to ring even after the mission had already gone loud
- Framing Frame Day 3 – Fixed an issue where objective items could be looted through walls in the bedroom
- Goat Simulator Day 1 – Fixed an issue with the shadows on the cherry blossom trees in the park area
- Golden Grin Casino – Adjusted the height of a security camera near the Security Center so it can be looped
- Hell’s Island – Added collision to a gate section so that players can no longer jump through the gate and skip objectives
- Henry’s Rock – Fixed missing collisions on a wall, which allowed players to jump through the wall
- No Mercy – Fixed an issue where players would sometimes appear to be levitating above the elevator at the end of the level
- San Martín Bank – Fixed an issue with the IT guy walking through the servers in the server room
- San Martín Bank – Fixed an issue where a player could get stuck inside the lamp in the vault
- San Martín Bank – Removed floating debris from the hole that is blown in the wall to the vault
- San Martín Bank – Added alarm stickers to the windows of the bank
- Santa’s Workshop – Fixed an issue where sentry guns could be placed so that the cops could not destroy them
- Shacklethorne Auction – Fixed an issue where the auction manager could not be handcuffed in stealth
- Shacklethorne Auction – Fixed an issue where Shacklethorne Auction was listed in the Custom Stealth Tracks in the sound menu
- Watchdogs Day 1 – Fixed an interaction for planks near the start of the level
Updates may be incompatible with the mods you may have installed. Even seemingly unrelated mods may cause unexpected issues.
If you are experiencing any issues with the game; try removing any mods you may have installed and try again.